3M Scholarship Application Process
The Cordova Scholarship Fund
This scholarship is intended to assist those associated with the 3-M Cordova plant for the pursuit of a scholarly, educational, intellectual, or personal enrichment endeavor of his or her choice.
A new scholarship year will commence with the applications received for colleges, universities, technical, and trade schools between February and April of each year. Applications received between February 1 and April 30 will be reviewed together and awarded after April 30th. Scholarship applications received at other times of the year will be distributed on a first come, first served basis, as funds allow. All distributions will be made directly to the educational facility or vendor chosen by the recipient.
Applications for non-traditional, post-secondary educational activities (e.g., other than a college, university, or technical school) or for pre-secondary school educational purposes (e.g., K-12, private school, pre-school, tutoring, or enrichment classes) received between February 1 and April 30 will be considered, should annual funding permit, only after all qualified traditional scholarship applications received between February 1 and April 30 have been processed.
Requirements and Selection Criteria:
- Available to any Final Settlement Class Member;
- Final Settlement Class Member’s spouse or domestic partner;
- Final Settlement Class Member’s spouse or domestic partner’s dependents, children, and step-children, grandchildren, and step-grandchildren;
- Future 3-M Cordova hourly plant employees and their spouse or domestic partner’s dependents, children, and step-children.
- Up to $2,500 per applicant, per year for college, university, or technical school;
- Up to $1,000 per applicant, per year for non-traditional, post-secondary activities or for pre-secondary educational purposes (e.g., K-12, private school, pre-school, tutoring, or enrichment classes).
Renewable: Previous recipients can reapply. Fully completed application is required.
For a scholarship application go to: www.cfgrb.org/scholarship