Chicago Area, West Suburban Employment Attorney
Class Action Claims for Wage and Overtime Violations
Are you being mistreated as a group? There is safety in numbers. Consider a class action claim against your employer.
Having the right employment law attorney on your side can provide you peace of mind — and make the difference between an unacceptable situation and a favorable resolution. Employment laws change often as Congress and state legislatures pass new bills; and courts interpret existing laws in new ways. Employment law issues involve a complex mix of both federal and state statutes. That is why it is important for Illinois businesses and employees to contact an employment lawyer who is well-versed in both federal and Illinois employment law when they need legal assistance.
Whatever work-related legal challenges you grapple with, the Western Chicago employment lawyers at Law Offices of Colleen M. McLaughlin can provide you with up-to-date, on-target information and recommendations appropriate to your specific employment law situation. We are an employment law firm dedicated to resolving your workplace concerns.
“Every time I talk with you, I’m amazed at your knowledge.” — Tammy M.
Employment Law Issues Matter Now More Than Ever
In times of economic challenges, workplace disputes and conflicts become more important than ever for both employees and employers. Employment law attorney Colleen McLaughlin is passionate about providing her clients with the legal options that best suit their individual needs. We are an employment law firm that takes great pride in the quality of our work, the personal attention often lacking at big firms that we are able to provide to our clients and the results we achieve.
“You’re what a lawyer should be.” — Elizabeth D.
Chicago Area and West Suburban Employment Lawyer
Law Offices of Colleen M. McLaughlin welcomes the opportunity to advise employers and employees on the most practical solutions to your work-related legal problems.
Contact us to learn how our lawyers can help in any of the following employment law areas:
- Class action overtime wage claims
- Counseling on personnel and human resources matters
- Discrimination claims, including:
- Violations of Title VII (Civil Rights Act) for discrimination (including harassment and hostile work environment) based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or national origin
- Violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Violations of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Violations of the Equal Pay Act
- Violations of the Illinois Human Rights Act for discrimination (including harassment and hostile work environment) based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, familial status, arrest record, physical and mental disability, military status and sexual orientation
- Drafting employment handbooks, manuals and policies
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Investigation of charges of discrimination or other unlawful practices
- Negotiation or drafting of:
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Employment contracts and agreements
- Executive compensation plans and employment contracts
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Severance agreements
- Retaliation claims based on violations of federal or state discrimination or whistleblower laws, or based on common law wrongful discharge or unlawful termination claims
- Representation before various state and federal agencies, including:
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) on discrimination claims
- The Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) or the Illinois Human Rights Commission (IHRC) on discrimination claims
- The Illinois and U.S. Departments of Labor (IDOL and USDOL) on
wage claims, including overtime, misclassification, and other wage and hour compliance issues
- The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) on unemployment insurance issues
- Representation in federal and state courts
- Training of personnel on illegal employment practices
- Qui tam (whistleblower actions)
- Wage claims, including overtime, bonuses and commissions
- Whistleblower protection, including claims brought under the federal False Claims Act and other state and federal whistleblower laws
Contact a DuPage County Lawyer for Wage and Hour Claims and All Your Workplace Disputes
Contact a Wheaton employment law attorney at Law Offices of Colleen M. McLaughlin for information and assistance. Colleen McLaughlin and her staff are employment law attorneys committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Call Today: 630-923-6591